Bibliothèque de Parc-Extension
MissionThe mission of Montreal's libraries is to democratize access to information, knowledge, culture and recreation. They are the heart of Montreal, a city of creation, innovation and knowledge. This mission is inspired by UNESCO's manifesto on the public library.
- Introductory computer workshops: learning to use a computer, using the Internet, creating an email address or even discovering social networks.
- Fabricathèque Techno workshops : 3D manufacturing and printing, audiovisual and graphics, robotics and coding, electronics and more.
Access to computer and internet
Free access to computers and Internet during library opening hours.
“Vivre en français” cultural activities, including weekly French conversation workshops and a monthly adult book club.
Loan of books to prepare for the citizenship test, the driving test, a job interview or on how to write a curriculum vitae (CV). Free access to the ‘citizenship test preparation’ program on the website CitizenshipExamination.ca on our computers.
Cultural activities and libraries
- Loan of documents (books, films, music, magazines, board games, video games); educational toys and games on site; piano in free access; books in French, English and foreign languages (Greek, Spanish, Italian, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil) for children and adults.
- Free subscription for Montreal residents.
- Activities for children and families: story time, creative workshops, techno activities and shows.
B/W printers and photocopiers
10¢/page prints; Photocopies 15¢ / page
Hours of operationMonday from 12 PM to 6 PM
Tuesday from 10 AM to 8 PM
Wednesday from 10 AM to 8 PM
Thursday from 10 AM to 6 PM
Friday from12 PM to 6 PM
Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM
Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM