Atelier Culture Vélo
MissionOur mission is to promote and foster economic and social access to cycling, as an active, affordable, ecological and emancipatory means of transport. The organization promotes popular education and aims for equitable and inclusive access to its services. In a transversal way, the organization seeks to fight against the isolation and marginalization of the population of the Parc-Extension district.
|• Bicycle maintenance and repairs |
• Sale of upgraded bicycles and non-profit parts
• Self-healing workshops supported by the organization’s volunteers
• Animation of thematic workshops (e.g. developments, workshops on winter cycling)
• Bike lessons for women
We offer two options for bicycle repair.
Option 1: Small repairs with the help of our volunteers, Wednesdays from 6 pm to 8 pm: without appointment. The capacity of a volunteer evening is based on the repairs to be made, the needs of the self-service members as well as the number of volunteers available and their capacities.
Upon arrival of the person, 2 choices are offered:
● Self-service / Do-It-Yourself (annual subscription of $ 24 + $ 1 / h for the use of the equipment): repair / adjust your bike yourself, install a new part, etc.
Our volunteers offer support in learning and/or by providing the necessary tools and parts (new and used). We encourage the practice of children under 18 by offering them the subscription at only $ 1.
● Repair service (annual subscription of $ 5 + repair rate): Our volunteers can also make some repairs and adjustments on site.
Option 2: Our team of employees carry out a complex tune-up or repair: by appointment
Repair service (annual subscription of $ 5 + repair rate): It is possible to make an appointment online via a reservation system to book a tune-up. Our capacity is limited by the size of our workshop and our team.
Our workshops and courses are free or at a low price, depending on the funding obtained. Each workshop or course aims to achieve our mission to promote and foster economic and social access to cycling, as an active, affordable, ecological and emancipatory means of transport.
The values of the Workshop are:
• Fostering inclusivity
• Encourage knowledge sharing
• Implement, in a transversal way, sustainable environmental practices.
The vision of the organization is to be a place of meeting and community involvement supporting the feeling of solidarity and mutual aid among the population of Parc-Extension, especially among marginalized people and / or not traditionally associated with the cycling community.
The organization also aims to promote the advocacy of bicycle mobility in a local, active and visible way.