Association des citoyens âgés gréco-canadiens de Montréal (ASKLIPIOS)
MissionSince 1969, ASKLIPIOS’ mission has been to help the elderly overcome daily obstacles in order to improve their quality of life & to improve their mental & physical well-being.
Support and reference service
- Direct services to people who do not speak English or French or who cannot read or write.
- Assistance with the translation of documents and the completion of applications and forms (Old Age Security, Employment Insurance, Retraite Québec, social assistance, etc.).
Two community meals per month are offered at the day centre.
Recreational activities for seniors
- Day center operation: coffee, bingo, cards, backgammon & yoga classes.
- Outings and mini-trips that promote integration for seniors, low-income people and their families so that they can get out of isolation.
Information and integration
- Information sessions to promote the education and integration of our seniors.
- Information on seniors’ rights and government programs available to them to improve their quality of life.
Accompaniment – transportation
Accompaniment to medical appointments for beneficiaries who have health problems, etc. $20 round trip. With appointment and according to availability (one week notification required).
Fight against isolation
Friendly visits & guarding: visits to elderly people living alone, without family and unable to leave their homes.
Assistance in completing tax documents for people with low incomes.
Interpretation and translation service
Interpretation service for seniors.
*** There is a $25 round trip fee for accompaniment to medical appointments. All other services are free.